Most companies want their websites to appear highly professional. For that, they pay a hefty amount of money to those trained in advanced web design. Should you become well versed in advanced web design, you can make close to $50,000 on an annual basis. Freelance web designers have the option to work from home or abroad.
Tips for aspiring web designers
- If you are aspiring to become a web designer, it will do you well to learn many programming languages. Even if you are planning on using a web designing program that needs no coding, you might still have to function within the basic capacity at some point. A web designer who is not well versed in coding is akin to an English teacher who does not know English grammar. Some of the main programming languages include xml, html, php and css. You can obtain coding for all these from tutoring websites as well as through books purchasable from stores.
- Pick a web designing suite. Many of these are prevalent and some are far better than others. Do not shy away from investing in good software. Bear in mind that this is going to be your profession and being a professional, you need to be equipped with the best tools currently available. The prices and advantages for various packages need to be compared. Go through reviews on non-affiliated sites like tech forums.
- Develop expertise in using the design suite. Scan different companies’ websites to know what looks and works best. Teach yourself to do similar things by creating practice websites by yourself. Create a library of different fictitious company websites which you have managed to design all by yourself.
- Teach yourself to use some advanced design functions like animation multimedia platforms. It is best that you create animations by yourself. You need to know how to use photo editing programs. It is just as important to know how edited photos can be integrated into the website.
- Your own web domain needs to be registered. It is important that you practice uploading and editing content onto it. This site can be used as a portfolio of a person’s work which prospective clients can examine.
The ultimate goal of proper web design is to make people visit your site over and over again. Also ensure that the site can be opened on all browsers.